Violation of DUI Probation in L.A.
Contact Our Criminal Defense Lawyers Today!
Being on probation for
DUI requires you to comply with certain conditions as ordered by the court.
If you violate these conditions, your probation can be revoked and you
may be sentenced to jail or prison, depending on the severity of the original
charge. If the violation consisted of committing an additional offense,
or being charged with this, that matter will also have to be separately
addressed and may carry its own consequences. If you have been accused
of violating your probation, contact a
Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer right away. Probation violations may consist of:
- Failing to pay fines issued for your DUI
- Driving on a suspended license
- Failing to attend any alcohol treatment program ordered by the court
- Refusing to submit to a chemical test if stopped on suspicion of drunk driving
- Driving with any measurable amount of alcohol in your system
- Committing any other criminal offense (traffic infractions are not considered
- Failing to complete any required community service
- Failing to appear for any of your post-conviction court dates
Los Angeles DUI Lawyer
If you are accused of violating your probation, The Law Offices of Decio
Rangel Jr. will review your case and determine the best approach. This
will depend on the alleged violation, whether or not you are actually
guilty, the evidence against you, the original charges and potential penalties,
and the penalties of any new offense. In negotiation or representing you
at your hearing, we will use our extensive experience with such matters
to fight for the best possible outcome. Mr. Rangel is a member of the
Criminal Law Executive Committee for the State Bar of California, which
is responsible for educating criminal law practitioners by way of research
and seminars. When you work with our firm, you can expect top quality
Contact a Los Angeles DUI defense attorney
for legal help if you have been accused of violating your DUI probation.